RE: non-normative best practices & file caching

At the F2F WG meeting we decided to eliminate Appendixes B and C, and integrate their content with either section 8 "Conformance requirements", or add informative notes to the main text of the spec where appropriate (see minutes [1] and WG actions tracker [2]). The relevant text has already been added to section 1 of the current editor's draft [3] which says:

"The WOFF-packaged data will typically be decoded to its original sfnt format for use by existing font-rendering APIs that expect OpenType font data, but such a decoded font should not be exposed as a file on disk, and must not be installed "globally" for use by other processes or documents on the system."

I believe that this updated text has already addressed the concerns raised by Håkon and Christopher - its primary purpose is to limit the exposure of downloaded font resource to other documents and applications, which is also reiterated by the reference to CSS spec requirements.

Regards,
Vlad

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/08/18-webfonts-minutes-correct.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/track/actions