Re: WOFF and extended metadata

On 2 Jun 2010, at 17:14, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> [...]

Is a simple block of plain-text all the "extension" that anyone will ever want? I'm surprised, I thought there was a desire to be able to identify elements within the metadata - and this would include elements within future/vendor-specific extensions.

Of course, even within Tal's proposal there's nothing to stop the author doing

  <extension>
    <item>
      <name>
        <text><!-- blank, I don't care about providing a name --></text>
      </name>
      <value>
        <text lang="en">
          EU Greeting:
          Message: Hello!
          Date: 2010-06-01
        </text>
        <text lang="nl">
          EU Groet
          Bericht: Hallo!
          Datum: 2010-06-01
        </text>
        <text lang="en">
          EU Salut
          Message: Bonjour!
          Date: 2010-06-01
        </text>
      </value>
    </item>
  </extension>

if there is no desire to express any more detailed structure within the extension; just treat it all as a single <item>.

JK