Re: WebFonts WG Kick-off (was RE: WOFF submission published)

On Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 2:55:09 AM, John wrote:

JD> Hi Vladimir,

>> We also need to finalize our conference call schedule. So far, I
>> believe the latest proposal has been to hold weekly conference calls
>> on Wednesday, alternating the call times to accommodate time zone
>> differences between different continents

JD> The day and times work fine for me.  Would it make sense to fix the
JD> times based on a given locale (e.g. Boston time), since Europe does
JD> seasonal time changes at slightly different points during the year?

The times will in practice be tied to Boston since that is where the telephone bridge is physically located.

>> 4) Develop test cases for web fonts:
>>    - develop test methodology and decide whether it is appropriate to
>>      require   the presence of human observer, at least for some test
>>      cases;
>>    - develop the test cases and design / collect / donate / acquire
>>      (as we see appropriate) the necessary resources for web font
>>      test suite (e.g. fonts, etc.).

JD> I would add here that I think we need to consider both tests for
JD> tools that produce WOFF fonts and tests for user agents that load them.

Yes, clearly. These are different conformance categories.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG