RE: Welcome, and introductions

Hello WG,

I am Vladimir Levantovsky from Monotype Imaging, serving as a chair of this group. I'd like to welcome everyone to the new WebFonts WG. We seem to have now a good number of participants, both from the W3C member companies and invited experts, and I'd like to echo Chris in our hopes that few more members will join soon.

I am a relatively new member of W3C (I've been around for little over two years when web font discussions started) with limited W3C WG experience, and I believe that the most important part of my role as a chair is to facilitate productive and fruitful discussions, encourage contribution from all members of the group, and make sure that we establish an environment where constructive ideas and criticism are valued and where consensus can be reached quickly in the best interests of WWW community.

I am located in Massachusetts, US Eastern time zone.

Thank you and welcome to the WebFonts WG!
Vlad