Re: Adding implementor's note about event targets?

Thanks for pushing on this Sangwhan, I agree having some wording is
valuable given the issues we've had.

I want to make sure I understand what the wording means (and ideally
matches our implementation).  When you say 'touch sequence' you mean
the sequence of events for a given touchID, right?  Don't we want to
be stronger than that - making restrictions across multiple touches?
Perhaps something along the lines of the following (with improved
wording - this is rough):

User agents must ensure that all Touch objects available from a given
TouchEvent are all relative to the same document that the TouchEvent
was dispatched too.  To implement this, user agents should maintain a
notion of the current touch-active document.  On first touch, this is
set to the target of the touch.  When all active touch points are
released, the touch-active document is cleared.  All TouchEvents are
dispatched to the current touch-active document, and each Touch object
it contains refers only to DOM elements (and co-ordinates) in that
document.  If a touch starts entirely outside the currently
touch-active document, then it is ignored entirely.

Does this match all the implementations?  I'm pretty sure this is what
Chrome does.  Olli?

I'm ok with the wording being less prescriptive, but it should have
something like the first sentence above at least (this is the key
restriction).

Rick