Re: Advanced CSS selectors article almost finished

Hey there! I have now finished this article off:

http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Advanced_CSS_selectors

It could with a thorough proof read, if anyone is up for it.

Thanks for the feedback Alexander. I have responded to your points below.

On 2 Dec 2011, at 16:27, Alexander Futekov wrote:

> Apparently it has been a productive day :)
>
> Couple of notes:
> - why are the general and adjacent sibling selectors descendants of Descendent selectors,

d'oh! This was a typo - fixed!

> I also noticed that you use both spelling of descendant

I have changed them all to descendent

> - pseudo elements are displayed with single colon, the CSS3 spec allows that for backwards compatibility, but shouldn't we teach we new, double colon syntax?

I kinda think that single colon is still better, just for backwards compatibility. I've added a note about it at

http://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/Advanced_CSS_selectors#CSS3_pseudo-element_double_colon_syntax

Do we agree with this?

> - since we're including even the new ui pseudo classes, shouldn't we also add ::selection

I think this has been dropped form the spec.