Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] minutes of 28th of Oct conf call

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>wrote:

>  As I mentioned in other posts, the Streams API is evolving fast right now
> (there is a new W3C version and a new WHATWG one), and indeed it's good to
> have a note in WebCrypto spec so it will support progressive operations
> when Streams are stable, as I wrote too ideally if a createStream method is
> feasible the spec should just mention that it supports Streams
> (notwithstanding next sentence).

As noted, specs reflect what is available. Especially was we move into Last
Call, it's not appropriate to contain such references. As we've discussed
before, it's certainly the intent that it's possible, and if/when Streams
become viable, we'll update the spec to reflect that.

Streams are certainly something we plan to take on after getting the
current version out. But not only is there no need to include an
informative note (since "Future changes in the Web may add additional APIs"
is implicit in EVERY spec), but it would be inappropriate to reference
in-progress/incomplete work.

Again, to re-iterate, Streams is something we plan to tackle next. Your
interest has been noted. But we can stop worrying about it for this
version, as was previously decided by the WG.

Cheers