From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: mardi 12 mars 2013 19:45
To: W3C Chairs
Cc: Denis Ah-Kang
Subject: Proposed pubrules change for clearer indication of First Public/Last Call Working Draft at top of document

Hello Chairs,

W3C technical reports have a "status header" below the title. Traditionally we have used "Working Draft" for all types of Working Drafts. Based on input from Robin Berjon and Doug Schepers, I am proposing the following change to pubrules [1] regarding the status header:

 * FPWDs will say <h2>First Public Working Draft [date]</h2>
 * LCWDs will say <h2>Last Call Working Draft [date]</h2>
 * When both it will say: <h2>First Public and Last Call Working Draft [date]</h2>

Please let me know if you object to this change.

If there are no objections, I expect this calendar:

 * 19 March: I will announce change and 4-week grace period. During the grace period the Webmaster will accept old and new
    forms.
 * 16 April: I will announce the change has been finalized. After this, the Webmaster will only accept the new form for new drafts.

The pubrules checker will accept both during the grace period. If you encounter any problems, please let us know. We won't announce the final adoption until we've fixed all reported bugs around this change.

Thank you,

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/Guide/pubrules