Re: attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

Chris Lilley wrote:

> IBJ> Just to follow up on this point, in our Manual of style [1],
> IBJ> see the section on "entries on an errata page".
>
> And the process document says:
>
> 7.6.1 Errata Management
>
>   A correction is first "proposed" by the Working Group. A correction
>   becomes normative -- of equal status as the text in the published
>   Recommendation -- through one of the processes described below. An
>   errata page MAY include both proposed and normative corrections. The
>   Working Group MUST clearly identify which corrections are proposed
>   and which are normative.
>   http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/tr.html#errata

Yes I read that in the process document. But it is largelly not done by WGs.

> This is why the SVG 1.1 errata have "proposed" and "draft" errata but
> no "normative" errata.
> http://www.w3.org/2003/01/REC-SVG11-20030114-errata

Does that mean "proposed" are resolved by the WG and "draft" errata are
not ?

Why don't you have "normative" ? The Wg has chosen not to go through the
process of making them normative ?

We usually have the WG resolved errata on the public page and we track
errata on anothet Group page. Once the Group errata page are resolved,
they are moved to the public page.