Re: attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

On Friday, September 21, 2007, 4:42:16 PM, Ian wrote:

IBJ> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 14:35 +0000, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
>> >
>> > I could not find anywhere in our W3C process or guidelines, mentioning
>> > this "non-normative" on the errata page.

IBJ> Just to follow up on this point, in our Manual of style [1],
IBJ> see the section on "entries on an errata page".

And the process document says:

7.6.1 Errata Management

  A correction is first "proposed" by the Working Group. A correction
  becomes normative -- of equal status as the text in the published
  Recommendation -- through one of the processes described below. An
  errata page MAY include both proposed and normative corrections. The
  Working Group MUST clearly identify which corrections are proposed
  and which are normative.
  http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/tr.html#errata

This is why the SVG 1.1 errata have "proposed" and "draft" errata but
no "normative" errata.
http://www.w3.org/2003/01/REC-SVG11-20030114-errata

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group