RE: attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

Approved

-----Original Message-----
From: public-webcgm-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-webcgm-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Lofton Henderson
Sent: Donnerstag, 30. August 2007 23:38
To: WebCGM WG
Subject: attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

For the four of you who were not at today's telecon, we need your
approval of the 1.0 errata processing strategy that the four attendees
tentatively approved.

Long story short, we believe that publication of a reviewed Errata
document will suffice, and that publication of a 1.0 Third Release is
neither necessary nor desirable -- in fact it might be painful to align
that six-year-old document with current pubrules.  Details...

Today's minutes:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/Minutes/2007/08/30-webcgm-minutes.h
tml

Please search for the string "publish a new" and start reading at that
line.  It details our rationale, and also presents the case that the
decision is acceptable under W3C Process and the WebCGM WG Charter.

Question (for today's absentees):  do you agree?

Please reply to this message, Cc: to the WebCGM WG list.

Regards,