attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:37:50 -0600
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

For the four of you who were not at today's telecon, we need your approval
of the 1.0 errata processing strategy that the four attendees tentatively
approved.

Long story short, we believe that publication of a reviewed Errata document
will suffice, and that publication of a 1.0 Third Release is neither
necessary nor desirable -- in fact it might be painful to align that
six-year-old document with current pubrules.  Details...

Today's minutes:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/Minutes/2007/08/30-webcgm-minutes.html

Please search for the string "publish a new" and start reading at that
line.  It details our rationale, and also presents the case that the
decision is acceptable under W3C Process and the WebCGM WG Charter.

Question (for today's absentees):  do you agree?

Please reply to this message, Cc: to the WebCGM WG list.

Regards,