Re: process and milestones for moving WebCGM 2.0 to LC.

Lofton Henderson wrote:
> At 08:09 PM 6/1/2006 +0200, Thierry MICHEL wrote:
>> You need to send a Transition Request to the Director/CEO:
>> timbl@w3.org, steve@w3.org, cc'ing w3t-comm@w3.org and chairs@w3.org.
>
> For Last Call transition,
> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=lc-wd-tr ,
> I don't see the requirement for a Transition Request to the Director.

Sure, because these are the Steps for "Transition to Last Call Working
Draft"
but we are  requesting
"Transition to First WD and Last Call WD" at same time.
therefore we must also do the following request
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=fpwd-wd-tr

> I see Publication Request, and Transition Announcement, but not
> Transition Request.  In the examples that you sent in another message in
> this thread, I see transition request examples for FPWD (1st Public WD),
> as well as for CR etc.

Right, there is a Transition Request for following steps:
- First WD
- CR
- PR

not for a second WD or a Last Call WD.

> So, just to be clear that I understand correctly ... the Transition
> Request that you listed is for FPWD?  You copied me on an earlier
> message with a short name request to Director.  The FPWD transition
> request is different and additional, correct?

yes the Transition Request that I listed is for FPWD

> Because we are transitioning to FPWD and LCWD simultaneously ... that
> would seem to make the Transition Request a bit tricky (or at least
> unusual).  Are you interested to try a first draft, for my refinement
> and sending on Thursday, after the WG transition resolution?

Actually FPWD is the most simple case (CR and PR are more tricky as
there is a long list of mandatory topics) you will see next time when
moving to CR ;-)

Meanwhile I will draft the Transition Request for you tomorrow and will
send it to you.

Then, when the Transition is accepted by the Director (It should be
straightforward at this stage, the Director should approves the
transition request, no meeting needed. The short name was already approved.)

- The Document Contact sends a publication request to the Webmaster at
webreq@w3.org, cc'ing the relevant Domain Leader and optionally cc'ing
w3c-archive@w3.org (I will draft that too)

- The Chair sends a transition announcement to chairs@w3.org and the
group's public mailing list.

End of Story.

Welcome to the W3C process Lofton ;-)
Don't worry I have been trough these many times and I will help you to
accomplish that task.

--
Thierry Michel
W3C