Re: process and milestones for moving WebCGM 2.0 to LC.

At 07:47 PM 6/6/2006 +0200, Thierry MICHEL wrote:
>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>[...]
>>So, just to be clear that I understand correctly ... the Transition
>>Request that you listed is for FPWD?  You copied me on an earlier message
>>with a short name request to Director.  The FPWD transition request is
>>different and additional, correct?
>
>yes the Transition Request that I listed is for FPWD
>
>>Because we are transitioning to FPWD and LCWD simultaneously ... that
>>would seem to make the Transition Request a bit tricky (or at least
>>unusual).  Are you interested to try a first draft, for my refinement and
>>sending on Thursday, after the WG transition resolution?
>
>Actually FPWD is the most simple case (CR and PR are more tricky as there
>is a long list of mandatory topics) you will see next time when moving to
>CR ;-)

I was just about to hit 'send' on the "WebCGM 2.0 Last Call Review
Schedule" to Chairs and dependency WGs.  But then I'm thinking... should
that (LCWD) follow the FPWD Transition Request, which is also Cc: to
Chairs?  Or maybe, to preempt confusion, should I put a note in LCWD
message (then send it) acknowledging the odd order of things when FPWD and
LCWD coincide, and preview that FPWD Tr.Req. message will follow soon?  Or
not worry about it at all?

>Meanwhile I will draft the Transition Request for you tomorrow and will
>send it to you.

Thanks again!

>Then, when the Transition is accepted by the Director (It should be
>straightforward at this stage, the Director should approves the transition
>request, no meeting needed. The short name was already approved.)
>

>- The Document Contact sends a publication request to the Webmaster at
>webreq@w3.org, cc'ing the relevant Domain Leader and optionally cc'ing
>w3c-archive@w3.org (I will draft that too)

Okay.

Another question.  As of the Thursday telecon (LC Resolution), we should
freeze the document completely?  Should I then edit the cover page for 23rd
June publication date and put it in a dated sub-directory under ../drafts/..?

>- The Chair sends a transition announcement to chairs@w3.org and the
>group's public mailing list.
>
>End of Story.

It is becoming clear.

>Welcome to the W3C process Lofton ;-)
>Don't worry I have been trough these many times and I will help you to
>accomplish that task.

Right, and thanks.  In 3 years as QAWG co-chair, Karl handled most of those
details.  Since that was 2 years ago, I have (mercifully) forgotten a lot
of it.

-Lofton.