Re: Proposed text for Steven Pemberton comment [corrected]

WebCGM WG --

1st paragraph of Abstract as approved at 3-aug telecon:

[[[
WebCGM is a graphics standard optimized for Web applications in technical
illustration, electronic documentation, geophysical data visualization, and
similar fields.  First published (1.0) in 1999 and followed by a second
(errata) release in 2001, WebCGM unifies potentially diverse approaches to
CGM utilization in Web document applications.  It therefore represents a
significant interoperability agreement amongst major users and implementers
of the ISO CGM standard.
]]]

Chris proposes adding a new first sentence:

[[[
Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) is an ISO standard, defined by ISO/IEC
8632:1999, for the interchange of 2D vector and mixed vector/raster
graphics. WebCGM is a profile of CGM, which adds Web linking and is
optimized for Web applications in technical illustration, electronic
documentation, geophysical data visualization, and similar fields.  First
published (1.0) in 1999 and followed by a second (errata) release in 2001,
WebCGM unifies potentially diverse approaches to CGM utilization in Web
document applications.  It therefore represents a significant
interoperability agreement amongst major users and implementers of the ISO
CGM standard.
]]]

Just to be procedurally clean, we should probably approve this change to
the 3-aug telecon decision.

Any comments?  (I'll put its approval on the 10-aug telecon agenda.)

Regards,
-Lofton.