Re: Proposed text for Steven Pemberton comment [corrected]

On Thursday, August 3, 2006, 3:10:41 PM, Lofton wrote:

LH> [...corrected...]

LH> WebCGM WG --

LH> In satisfaction of my Action Item, here is the complete proposed text of
LH> the Abstract.  The first paragraph is modified by the new first sentence
LH> and the smoothing out of the remainder of the paragraph:

LH> Current 1st paragraph:

LH> [[[
LH> WebCGM ? first published (1.0) in 1999 followed by a second (errata)
LH> release in 2001 ? unifies potentially diverse approaches to CGM utilization
LH> in Web document applications, and therefore represents a significant
LH> interoperability agreement amongst major users and implementers of the ISO
LH> CGM standard. WebCGM finds significant application especially in technical
LH> illustration, electronic documentation, and geophysical data visualization,
LH> amongst other application areas.
LH> ]]]

LH> Proposed 1st paragraph:

LH> [[[
LH> WebCGM is a graphics standard optimized for Web applications in technical
LH> illustration, electronic documentation, geophysical data visualization, and
LH> similar fields.  First published (1.0) in 1999 and followed by a second
LH> (errata) release in 2001, WebCGM unifies potentially diverse approaches to
LH> CGM utilization in Web document applications.  It therefore represents a
LH> significant interoperability agreement amongst major users and implementers
LH> of the ISO CGM standard.
LH> ]]]

LH> The remainder of the Abstract is unchanged:

I suggest one more sentence, before the first one, and a modification of the first.

Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) is an ISO standard, defined by ISO/IEC 8632:1999, for the interchange of 2D vector and mixed vector/raster graphics. WebCGM is a profile of CGM, which adds Web linking and is optimized for [... etc as above]

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG