Re: [webauthn] Split the standard by focus driven use cases. (#1751)

From: Matthew Miller via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 21:08:51 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> Rather than one-super broad generalised spec, I think it could be interesting and a net positive to see well defined use cases. They may not be "perfect" for everyone, but they'll be a lot closer than what we have today. And then from those use cases we have subsections of say "passkey registration and authentication" vs "security token registration and authentication". Within these, rather than a lot of generalised options, we have defaults that match the use cases within definitions.

The WebAuthn Adoption Community Group would welcome efforts to help prepare guides highlighting how to achieve such discrete use cases. We've been wanting to for ages but alas life gets in the way 😂 😭

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MasterKale
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1751#issuecomment-1162366597 using your GitHub account