Re: [webauthn] Note to encourage storage of registered credential details (#1556)

From: Lucas Garron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 21:20:01 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
> Isn't the makecredential response that thing?

I guess so, but I don't recall seeing any advice suggesting to save it directly.

Also, for some databases it's a lot nicer to save a flat JSON object (i.e. to support the most basic form of indexing for NoSQL). In that case, the "obvious" choice might be to save `response` field directly rather than the entire result, if you don't know to be on the lookout for extension info or potential future fields.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by lgarron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1556#issuecomment-772831510 using your GitHub account