Re: [webauthn] Move step 16 of Registration to between 21 and 22 (#1555)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 20:49:16 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
I don't think any change is necessary. The combination of step 12:

>Perform CBOR decoding on the _attestationObject_ field [...] to obtain [...] the authenticator data _authData_

and step 16:

>the "alg" parameter in the credential public key in _authData_

seems pretty unambiguous to me. We also don't have detailed steps for in which order the RP should parse all the parts of the attestation object, and I don't think we should. Although I will agree that the name "_attested_ credential data" for the sub-datastructure is a bit unfortunate, since it doesn't really have much to do with attestation.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1555#issuecomment-772813206 using your GitHub account