Re: [webauthn] Move PRF Extension into its own specification (#1462)

From: Emil Lundberg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 17:44:16 +0000
To: public-webauthn@w3.org
>In our use cases, it would not be user friendly if the users need to tap twice their keys due to the separations of authentication and encryption, there should be a way to combine those.

For what it's worth: although WebAuthn always requires user presence, CTAP does allow for authentication operations without user presence. So there still is the possibility for the new API to not require a second tap (but I cannot promise that will be the case).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1462#issuecomment-687291073 using your GitHub account