[minutes] 13 May F2F

From: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 13:59:34 -0400
To: "public-webauthn@w3.org" <public-webauthn@w3.org>
Hi Webauthn,

Draft minutes from the group's F2F are posted at

Some highlights:
Vijay gave an update on the current status:
Dirk reviewed the connection to token binding.
Wendy reviewed the W3C process.
Adam gave an update on testing, with work to be coordinated via
hiptest.net and the web-platform-tests/webauthn repository
Sridhar shared some scenarios in which webauthn would be useful.
The group reviewed and tagged issues.

We're aiming to reach Recommendation by February 2017, when the group's
charter ends. We agreed (with an ongoing CfC on the mailing list) to
publish a First Public Working Draft from the current Editors' Draft.
The plan:
* May: FPWD
* June: WD-01, a feature complete Working Draft
* July-Aug: Further issue resolution and Wide Review;
	additional WDs as needed
* September (TPAC): Candidate Recommendation, features stable
* Oct-Nov: Implementation and testing
* December: Proposed Recommendation
* January '17: Advisory Committee Review (4 weeks)
* February '17: Recommendation

Wide Review: after publication of the FPWD, we will circulate the draft
and request review, including from the groups listed in our charter.
Mike Jones will share a draft blog post.

We walked through the issues list and tagged key technical questions for
WD-01: https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/milestones
The group agreed to publish the then-current Editors' Draft to /TR when
all the open issues for a milestone have been resolved.

Please review the minutes and note any corrections. Thanks to all who

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)