Simplifying Android attestation

From: Vijay Bharadwaj <vijaybh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 05:37:38 +0000
To: "public-webauthn@w3.org" <public-webauthn@w3.org>
On the PR for issue #1, JeffH asked why I was declaring the attestation statement as type any in the top-level IDL. This is an excellent question, and befits a more detailed response than I could give on the PR discussion thread.

As I mentioned in my response, I am wondering if we could eliminate a bunch of client-side processing that consists simply of bit-fiddling the Android attestation to get it into a "pretty" format. To give people a more concrete idea of what I mean, I have attached a version of the "merged" spec (i.e. incorporating the PR changes for both #1 and #61) that eliminates this bit-fiddling. I'd be happy to add this to the PR for #1 if people think it's better than what we have now.

Note that all the differences are in section 4.4.

Thanks,

--
-Vijay