Re: wrt deprecating eTLD+1 (was: Can we remove the PSL dependency?)

I'll point out that the webauthn spec is currently strictly enforcing
same-origin (where origin is defined by scheme-host-port) by requiring that
the so-defined origin is included in the client data. An assertion
generated on one origin won't be valid on another origin.

The PSL dependency is there simply as a recommendation on how to scope key
pairs, meaning that two origins within the same public suffix may know the
client by the same public key. See my comment on the original github thread
as to why that is:
https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues/97#issuecomment-175766580

Dirk.