Re: 10 August: 90 minute meeting

Sorry we (Alexei and I) had to run today, and weren't there at the end.
Asking for an extra 30 minutes of everyone's time is actually quite a big
request.

While I appreciated the discussion on UVI and auth factors today, and
*really* liked the progress that the location extension has made, I would
rather see us spend time on the main spec. Two reasons: One, if the main
spec isn't in good shape, none of the work we put into extensions will
matter. Two, even in the implementation phase we're going to want to walk
before we run. Echoing Richard's thoughts from today about Mozilla's plans
to implement the location extension, we (Google) will implement basic
functionality first and see how that goes, before we venture into
supporting some of the extensions. So (at least from my point of view, and
as a very practical matter of staging the rollout of these things), I need
us to agree on the main spec *before* we need to agree on the extensions.

So, can we stick to 60 minutes and move the extension discussions to a
different time slot where some of us wouldn't feel the need to attend? Or
perhaps split the 90 minutes in half and dedicate one half of it to main
spec discussions?

Dirk.