Re: Sect 6 - References

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 12:22, Hammond, Tony (ELSLON) wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Note that in Sect 6.1 the following reference under [IANASchemes] is to a
> self-confessed retired page:
>
> 	"Dan Connolly's list of URI schemes is a useful resource for finding
> out which references define various URI schemes."
>
> Would it be appropriate to distingush between normative and non-normative
> (i.e. informative) references? If so, then the following would be an example
> of a normative reference
>
> 	"IANA's online registry of URI Schemes is available at
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes."
>
> while the Connolly resource (were it not retired) would be an informative
> reference.

Tony,

For the moment, we don't distinguish between normative/informative
references because there is no conformance to this document.

I think that the current organization of the references may be
confusing. We do intend to have a list of architectural references
(6.2). Section 6.1 used to be the list of normative references, but
then we eliminated conformance. "Internet Specifications" is not
a useful title for 6.1.

My sense (this morning) is that we should have two lists:

 a) References
 b) Architectural References

Thoughts?

 _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447