P2P HTTP was: Renaming main branches of W3C GitHub repositories

Hi,

  regarding the master/main debate, there is also a debate
regarding HTTP client/server roles, which I have found leads
a lot of people to the wrong conclusion that the foundation
of the web is asymmetric.

So I thought it would be worth pointing out that there is a
”Peer-to-peer Extension to HTTP/2”

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-benfield-http2-p2p-02

This allows the roles between clients and servers to be
switched on the same connection.

I am sure that if we think about it we can start finding
lots of interesting use cases in adding this feature more
widely.

I have found one for Security, by developing a Authentication
protocol built on the new IETF spec for HTTP Signature, which
I think this group could be interested in. It also shows how
that can fit in with the Self-Sovereign Identity project.

https://github.com/bblfish/authentication-panel/blob/HttpSig/HttpSignature.md

Sincerely,

Henry Story

https://co-operating.systems
WhatsApp, Signal, Tel: +33 6 38 32 69 84‬
Twitter: @bblfish