RFC: Site Affiliation

From: Jochen Eisinger <eisinger@google.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:44:15 +0000
To: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, John Wilander <wilander@apple.com>
Hey all,

as Mike mentioned in the last phonecall, I wonder whether there's some
appetite to agree on a standardized way for multiple sites to declare
themselves to be affiliated with each other.

Android allows for associating an app with one or more sites[1], and so
does iOS[2]. Now it seems pretty straight forward to use this information
also for e.g. a password manager, however, I think it's a bit unfortunate
to have sites host potentially N different files.

Adding this information to the web manifest, or as part of an origin policy
comes to mind.

thoughts?

best
-jochen