Re: CSP tools and documentation

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Craig Francis <craig.francis@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Arthur,
>
> Is it worth talking to Lucas Garron on the Google Chrome team to see if
> your csp-evaluator could be added to the Security tab of the Dev Tools?
>
> Must confess I've been wanting something like this for a while:
> https://craigfrancis.github.io/dev-security/#csp

I like this idea, let me see if something like this would work. FWIW we
briefly considered this in the past, but one of the challenges is that
results from the CSP-Evaluator are based on information that can't be
gleaned from the policy string itself -- we need to know which domains have
patterns which allow CSP to be bypassed so we can detect which script-src
entries are unsafe. This is by nature imperfect, because such patterns can
change as developers refactor their applications, and since the
recommendations in Chrome are more authoritative than in our tool, there's
less margin for error. But perhaps there's a way to do this...