Re: Proposal to add a browsing context named "_private"

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 1:08 AM, Crispin Cowan <crispin@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I think this whole area causes more problems than it solves. I can clearly
> see the problems, much less clear on potential solutions, and really vague
> on the problem it is trying to solve.

It seems pretty clear to me. For some use cases, the website can offer
better UI than the browser. E.g., for most social media that relates
around sharing links, as OP suggested, the user could opt-in to
opening certain links in a "private mode". This is much more
discoverable than the equivalent feature in a browser and is also more
usable as you don't have to right-click, hold down a set of keys, or
some equivalent forgetful thing on your phone.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/