Re: Proposal to add a browsing context named "_private"

I don't dislike the idea, but I wonder if it is as trivial as it seems. For
example, do any browsers currently support a per-window private mode? With
Chrome, it seems like the current implementation supports two contexts,
incognito and non-incognito. For example, let's say I do the following:

* open a private mode window with "New incognito window"
* visit a site (say www.somesite.com)
* login

If I then go back to my non-incognito window and open a new private mode
window using "New incognito window", the new window seems to have the same
context as my first incognito window. If I go back to www.somesite.com, my
cookies are shared and I am currently logged in.

It seems as though, if one is going to allow a third-party site to initiate
opening of a private-mode window, it might be better to force a new
browsing context, with nothing shared with any existing private mode
windows. That sounds doable, and possibly even trivial. But, it does seem
like those kinds of things would have to be more fully fleshed out.