Re: new meta tags to protect code visibility or immuatbility

On 2/24/16 1:03 AM, Ahmed Saleh wrote:
> Some websites disable right click buttons and copying. Isn't that a
> violation of the rule as well? (I.e. Users should be allowed to copy
> contents but the feature is disabled)

It's only a violation if the browser doesn't give the user a way to
override the web site. Browsers exposed the contextmenu event because
web sites can use that to benefit the user by offering options relevant
to the functionality of the web site (e.g. Google Docs offer a large
number of word processing options).

If you find an evil site misusing the event you can disable it in
Firefox, but then you also lose the benefit on well behaved sites.

-Dan Veditz