Re: In-browser sanitization first, "Safe Node" later?

 > Another outcome of the reduced first version would be a public,
vetted and testable whitelist of safe DOM Nodes. This is useful for all
existing custom sanitizers and is a positive outcome of its own [3].

I think this would be immensely valuable for existing developers building apps today. Craig is right, the list of safe JS Nodes/API's is complex but there is significant existing work in this area. It's also a fairly small list as most JS api's are inherently dangerous when populated with untrusted content.

So a nice catalog of safe JS API's (like setting a nodes value via .textContent) would be a solid win.

-
Aloha,
Jim