Re: HSTS priming vs preloading

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Richard Barnes <rbarnes@mozilla.com> wrote:
> That's part of why priming is nice -- it gives you the determinism of
> preloading, while letting you trade an RTT for not preloading.

Yeah. The main problem with priming is that it gives an attacker a
chance so it's not a complete alternative and less than ideal when you
consider navigations as well rather than just mixed content. (It's a
step up from where we are today, for sure.) And an alternative where a
browser hosts the preload table would give the browser insight where
the user is going (and perhaps slow things down unacceptably). Meh.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/