Re: webappsec-ACTION-216: Examine fetch refs for stability

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org> wrote:
>> 2) All W3C Recs needs to follow the normative reference policy,
>> including assuring the stability of their references.
>
> You haven't really entertained my point though, that W3C Recs are not stable.

The documents are stable, such that someone following a link there will
get what was referred to by the editors who made the reference. I think
we agree that it's a good thing for specifications to change when
underlying implementations and architectures change.  W3C does that by
publishing drafts at dated references in /TR, persisting those
documents, and by versioning specs when a Rec changes.

--Wendy

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)