Re: [SRI] Comments on Subresource Integrity spec

Sorry for this late (and likely contentious) reply in this already very
long thread.

I'm sure it's not a great security promise to check for the validity of
a digest with a broken hash function, but I have to agree with Gerv that
it's better than nothing at all.

Known collisions in a hash function, don't strictly imply that it's easy
and feasible to create a collision for arbitrary JavaScript files that
remain valid JS syntax.

We should at least try validating and not just throw our hands in the
air and say "you're doomed", when we can easily raise the bar - even if
it's just a little.