Re: Monday May 18 teleconference topics

From: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 13:13:53 -0400
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On 05/17/2015 05:05 AM, Mike West wrote:
> Hi Manu, thanks for your response!
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:50 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
> wrote:

>> * Does the W3C want to support cross-origin credentials in the future,
>> and if we don't know the answer to that, do we need to elevate this
>> question to the TAG or W3M? We're going to hit the question head-on
>> if/when the Credentials WG is chartered.
>>

> That doesn't sound like a question we can address in this group. I'd
> suggest that the TAG is a more appropriate venue for an opinion on what the
> W3C is interested in supporting/chartering.

Yes, there are probably two questions: is there interest in
doing/chartering work? and is that work consistent with Web
architecture? The first is a question for the Membership broadly, while
the second is a good one to ask the TAG and WebSec IG.

--Wendy

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)