Re: [REFERRER] origin-when-crossorigin OR origin-when-cross-origin

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 11:38:30 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Sid Stamm <sid@mozilla.com>, Jerry Qu <quguangyu@gmail.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> > Since Chrome already ships `-crossorigin` and sites already use it, we'll
> > probably need to leave that alias in as well, though. Sorry about that.
> My
> > fault. :/
>
> If you do not plan on removing that you should list it in the
> specification too.

I typed "leave that in", but I meant  "leave that in Chrome until I can
poke the folks who I know are using it (GitHub (Hi Neil!) and Dropbox (Hi
Dev!)), wait for Chrome 44 to roll out to stable, and then kill it."

I don't think we should add the typo to the spec, as I don't intend to keep
supporting it for more than the next ~18 weeks. :)

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)