Re: [credential management] Identity Credentials API Extension

On 06/01/2015 09:59 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 08:35 AM, Mike West wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 5:32 AM, Manu Sporny
>> <msporny@digitalbazaar.com <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> the WebIDL would only need to go through a few changes to support our
>> extension only to find out that our extension isn't the sort of
>> extension that the CM API was designed for.
>>
>> Could you clarify what changes you'd like to see in this document's
>> WebIDL?
>>
>> I read https://docs.google.com/document/d/...
>>
>> as sketching an extension to the API within the confines of the
>> extension points we've built in together, targeting a fleshed-out
>> implementation in a document you'd produce in a to-be-chartered WG.
>> Is that not the case? Which pieces were intended to change the
>> underlying API?
>
> Mike, your read is more or less on point.
>
> If you look at the end of the document, we raise a number of discussion
> points:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tI0CJ4wAKKPQacrxOmTtl_GQUBeVtbg8e1ZSXs2SWag/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.e8kdxly5xi0j

I realize everyone's quite busy -- I just wanted to make sure no one is
waiting on us (Credentials CG members) to provide more information on
our proposal. We're in a holding pattern until we receive some responses
from Mike or anyone else regarding the discussion points that Manu
linked to above [1].

1.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tI0CJ4wAKKPQacrxOmTtl_GQUBeVtbg8e1ZSXs2SWag/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.e8kdxly5xi0j

--