Re: CfC: Republish MIX as CR; deadline July 29th.

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:11:36 +0200
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Cc: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> That said, it doesn't seem to me that the property we're looking for
> actually conflicts with "destination context". Aren't they the same thing?
> That is, they both seem to say "Go execute Fetch. Oh, and by the way, we
> intend to use the response in this particular way."

Well, except the idea with "destination context" was that we'd only
use it for prioritization and `Accept` header initialization. Not
security checks. Since otherwise I could fetch something in a document
and bypass connect-src by saying it's for an "image" and then feed the
response to a <script>. Or some such.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/