Re: CfC: Mixed Content to PR; deadline July 6th.

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 17:40:11 +0200
To: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>
Cc: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, Kristijan Burnik <burnik@google.com>
On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org> wrote:
> It's not a bug, it is what was agreed to by the group. We debated it to
> death months ago and it was one of the last issues resolved before the spec
> moved to CR status. I specifically called out the issue at that time so that
> people could object, and the issue was resolved in favor of the current spec
> text.

Please provide a reference. The last email I find on my inbox
regarding this subject is from Mike suggesting we do indeed want to
make such a change:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Feb/0323.html
Discussion in the Chromium bug database suggests much the same. And
it's the common understanding of everyone working on service workers
that service workers should have minimal side effects (and this being
one that's not desirable).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/