Re: CfC: Mixed Content to PR; deadline July 6th.

From: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 11:24:57 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, Kristijan Burnik <burnik@google.com>
Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org> wrote:
> > My reading of that section makes me thing that every fetch() is blocked
> by
> > step 7.2, because "fetch" is not optionally-blockable mixed content. Only
> > "video", "audio", and "img" are optionally-blockable mixed content.
>
> Ah, that's a bug then. :-/ This needs to work since enabling service
> workers for a site should not disable stuff that's currently working.

Anne,

It's not a bug, it is what was agreed to by the group. We debated it to
death months ago and it was one of the last issues resolved before the spec
moved to CR status. I specifically called out the issue at that time so
that people could object, and the issue was resolved in favor of the
current spec text.

Cheers,
Brian