Re: Proposal: A pinning mechanism for CSP?

From: Jim Manico <jim.manico@owasp.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:40:35 -0800
To: Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>
Cc: Yan Zhu <yzhu@yahoo-inc.com>, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Frederik Braun <fbraun@mozilla.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, yan zhu <yan@mit.edu>, Chris Palmer <palmer@google.com>, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>
Brad,

I think your comment "somewhat dubious threat model" insinuates where
you stand on this and that's cool. I think the risk of response header
splitting and similar is also "dubious" and feel the need for a
response header pin over-riding a manifest-like pin to be important
for developer ease of use, at least.

How can we take these ideas and build a more formal and publishable
threat model? I am the noob around here, at best, but I'd like to help
somehow.

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico