Re: Process? (was Re: CfC to publish FPWD of "Upgrade Insecure Resources"; Deadline Feb 17th.)

Yes, I agree, and this has been our practice.  I just think it is important
that new specs that aren't in the charter give clarity about their scope
and use cases to a new reader who hasn't followed our mailing list.

FPWD triggers an IPR commitment, so we owe it to our participants to make
it as obvious as possible what the spec intends to do and what ground it
will cover at that point.  Obviously this will likely evolve, but unless we
can take a good shot at it, I think its acceptable and preferable to
develop things as unofficial drafts.