Re: Asynchronous decision making (Re: WebAppSec re-charter status)

On 02/04/2015 03:40 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 2/4/15 1:49 PM, Mike West wrote:
>> CCing Arthur, who I hope can talk a bit about WebApps process, since
>> it seems like a good thing to get on the same page as that group.
>
> WebApps does not have regular calls and when we do have a spec-specific
> call (which are relatively rare), those calls are not used to
> bind/confirm decisions.
>
> (FWIW, I agree WebApps' 10 day waiting period (as defined in the
> charter) is relatively long and that changing it to 7 days would be
> consistent with the length of our binding CfC periods.)

I wonder, could we address reviewers' concerns without lengthening our
process by modifying that text slightly:

"Any resolution *first* taken in a face-to-face meeting or
teleconference [i.e., that does not follow a call for consensus on the
mailing list] is to be considered provisional until *5* working days
after the publication of the resolution in draft minutes sent to the
Working Group's mailing list. If no objections are raised on the mailing
list within that time, the resolution will be considered to have
consensus as a resolution of the Working Group."

--Wendy

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)