Re: Upgrade mixed content URLs through HTTP header

On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 01:53:10PM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> I'll ask the obvious question explicitly:
>
> Why does this need to be a separate header at all?  Why not just assume
> that sites with STS set should opportunistically upgrade http resources
> to https?

Arguably we may want it to be a separate header, or a new HSTS
directive, so that sites don't trigger mixed content breakage in the
already-widely-deployed populations of Chrome and Firefox browsers that
block before upgrading.

--
Peter Eckersley                            pde@eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131