Re: Upgrade mixed content URLs through HTTP header

From: Peter Eckersley <pde@eff.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 01:27:21 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "Eduardo' Vela <Nava>" <evn@google.com>, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Adam Langley <agl@google.com>, WebAppSec WG <public-webappsec@w3.org>
Either approach is potentially workable, but adding a new directive to
HSTS would make it more practical for sites to stay on HTTP for
the currently deployed clients where HSTS _doesn't_ fix the MCB problem,
and only use HTTPS+HSTS with the shiny new clients that know how to do
subresource upgrading.

--
Peter Eckersley                            pde@eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131