Re: [clear-site-data] header field syntax

On 9 August 2015 at 00:31, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to parse the `Prefer` ABNF (defined in
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7240#section-2). It says that `token` and
> `word` are defined within Sections 3.2.1 and 3.2.4 of [RFC7230], but they
> don't appear to actually be defined there. Can you point me to the correct
> reference (I assume `token` is from
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-3.2.6, but I can't find `word`)?

That looks like a pretty serious erratum on 7240, which I have opened.

The "word" rule is not defined in 7230 or even 2616.  We might
speculate that word = token / quoted-string, which I have, but all
that means is that you probably shouldn't use it as a model.=.

I think that Julian used a different example of the "canonical" header
field syntax that you could use instead.