Re: [MIX] 5.1 Does settings object restrict mixed content?

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014, Mike West wrote:

> Given a document, it's not clear how to walk its ancestor chain without
> referring to browsing contexts. I might very well be missing something:
> if I'd like to check whether the document that's embedding me (or the
> document that's embedding my parent) has some bit of state, how should I
> go about doing it?

https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#browsing-context-nested-through

Given a document A, you want "the document through which the browsing
context of document A is nested", I think.

You could define "embedding document" using that phrase and then just
refer to "embedding documents".

HTH,