Re: adding Access-Control-Allow-Local to CORS

From: Mountie Lee <mountie@paygate.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:56:34 +0900
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
Hi.
let me add more details the reason I suggested.

as we know, some local resources are bound to specific origin.
also we have possible solutions for cross-origin communications like CORS,
postMessage, structured cloning and JSON.

the requirement were initiated from discussion of Web Crypto WG.
in the WG, cryptography technologies are discussed and the most important
part of spec is the KEY(encryption key, decryption key....) for crypto
operations.

the key is also bound to specific origin.
the key can be cloned/extracted and posted to different window of domain.

but the key owner will lost key control after posting.

my suggestion is to keep the resource control.

regards
mountie

--
Mountie Lee