Re: Removal of the note about extensions

Hi!

I love it. I would of course prefer SHOULD instead of MAY there, something like:

"Note that user agents SHOULD allow users to modify or bypass policy
enforcement through user preferences, bookmarklets, third-party
additions to the user agent, and other such mechanisms."

But I do agree that it is a much better now than not having anything
to this effect in the standard.

And I also agree that it would read strange with SHOULD, in a way that
standard would require UAs to implement such features. And I
completely agree that this should not be implied. Is it possible to
have something like

If UAs provide user preferences, bookmarklets, third-party additions
to the user agent, and other such mechanisms, they should allow users
to modify or bypass policy enforcement through them.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m